Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Decision

Some of you may know I have been taking some time off work. During this period I have decided to fill some of my time developing a mobile application. In doing so I hope to learn the various mobile SDKs out there. The 2 platforms I will develop my mobile application in will obviously be iPhone and Android. A friend named John suggested that I blog my learning and experience along the way so here it is.

A little bit about me: I have been developing Java applications for a while now. I have been involved in some large projects in various organizations but have never developed mobile applications before this. Most of my experience is in Java development so Objective-C is also new to me.

My first move was to draw on a friend's experience as he has been developing some commercial iPhone applications. He borrowed me a book called 'Beginning iPhone Development' by Dave Mark and Jeff LaMarche. Funny enough my friend's name is Jeff as well.

So here I go....

1 comment: